Many of our Hawaii Travel Camps are still adding to their info on their 2021 Summer Camps, Programs, Activities & Classes.
You can contact each camp you are interested in to get the latest info on all their 2021 Summer Travel Programs for Teens and Kids.
Some of the Best 2021 Travel Camps in Hawaii offer "Early Bird" and/or Multiple Camper Discounts if you enroll in camp before a certain date, or if you are enrolling more than one camper -- check each camp's listing & website for more info, and for info on any available Travel Camp Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Many of our Hawaii Travel Camps offer Summer Travel Programs, Activities, Workshops & Classes starting in July, 2021.
Be sure to check the "Year-Round Programs and Other Camp Info" headings of each camp listing for specifics, or give any Travel Camp you're interested in a call to check on Summer dates, times and availability.
Many of our Travel Camps will be hosting Summer Reunions for their previous campers, and Summer Open Houses for interested new campers and families. Each camp is different, and some offer activities for the entire family.
Contact the camp(s) directly to see if there are any Camp Reunion or Open House Plans for July, 2021.
Looking for a Great Hawaii Travel Day Camp? Look at each camp's TYPE OF CAMP description. Many of our Best Hawaii Day Travel Camps also list their exact hours, and if they offer before and after camp activities.
Many of our Best Hawaii Summer Travel Camps also offer Year Round Travel Camp Programs, Classes, and Activities. You should contact the camps you are interested in to see if they offer Fall, Winter and/or Spring Travel Programs, too.
Searching for Hawaii Travel Camp Jobs? Many of our Best Travel Camps are now listing their 2021 Summer Camp Jobs, too. Look for the heading "Summer Camp Jobs" in each camp listing. You can also check any camp's website for their "Work at Camp" or "Summer Employment Opportunities" pages.
Visit Our The Road Less Traveled Website
2331 N Elston Court
Chicago, Illinois 60614
OTHER CAMP LOCATIONS:
Tanzania, Thailand, Vietnam, Costa Rica, Iceland, Norway, Azores, British Columbia, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Michigan, Maine, Tennessee, Virginia, Wyoming, New Zealand, Ecuador and the Galapagos.
WINTER (OFF-SEASON) OFFICE ADDRESS:
See listed above - primary address
CAMP VIDEO LINK:
Watch Our The Road Less Traveled Video
CAMPER AGES: 11-17 (approximately)
TYPE OF CAMP: Overnight/Sleepaway. Two-four week long community service, wilderness adventure, and language/cultural immersion programs, Gap Year and Family Programs.
CAMPER GENDER(S): Coed Campers.
BRIEF CAMP DESCRIPTION: The Road Less Traveled is a life-changing educational travel experience - an extraordinary opportunity to join with others, explore humanity, and build deep relationships and an appreciation for our world’s vast adventurous scenery. RLT offers domestic and international community service, language, and multi-sport adventure travel programs all over the world. We engage in the service of presence and active listening. We support young people to get outside, seek adventure, experience challenge, make new friends, build community, and understand the world in a new way. We encourage involvement, cultivate leadership and sensitivity, develop personal initiative and communal participation skills, and inspire a sense of social activism and environmentalism.
CAMP INSTRUCTIONAL ACTIVITIES OFFERED:
Travel, Adventure, Wilderness/Nature, Waterfront/Aquatics, Academics, and more. PADI Scuba Diving, White-water Rafting, Rock-climbing, Hiking, Backpacking, Safari, Camping, Zip-lining, Surfing, Snorkeling, Marine Biology Paddle Boarding, Kayaking, Organic Farming, Teaching English, Cooking Classes, Yoga Classes, Animal Conservation, Music Classes, Art Classes, Black History Education, Cultural Immersion, Community Service
CAMP LOCATION: Our year-round office is located in the heart of Chicago, in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. Our trips are run in a multitude of domestic and international locations. Our staff training is held every year in the Midwest, several weeks before trips are scheduled to depart.
CAMP FACILITIES: Facilities and accommodations vary from trip to trip.
CAMP PROGRAM INFO: The Road Less Traveled as an organization was founded by Jim and Donna Stein in 1991, and has been successfully running safe, exciting, life-changing trips for teens ever since. Both Jim and Donna are still the current directors, and are integrally involved in every single aspect of the company. In the summer, they are on call 24/7, available both to parents as well as to our leaders in the field.
We are an ACA accredited organization with an impeccable track record. We believe in the process of accreditation. It allows us to compare our standards to other professionals in the industry. Our accreditation allows us to follow specific standards related to leader screening including use of application forms, reference checks, personal interviews, work history review, and background checks.
Many years ago, we were the first company serving young adults to require that all leaders have a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) medical certification. WFR training is far more advanced than standard first aid or wilderness first aid. In addition to this certification, we carry extensive first aid kits on all of our programs that include antibiotics and epinephrine. Contents, protocols, and standing orders are reviewed and updated every year by our Medical Director who is an MD.
Since our inception, RLT has been on the cutting edge of technological advances in communication. We began carrying Iridium satellite phones on all of our programs as soon as they were available. Today we continue to carry the latest in emergency communication systems. According to geographic location, programs are equipped with satellite phones, ground-to-air radios, and/or cellular phones providing the possibility of 24-hour access to medical help in case of emergency.
CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS OR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: We offer many need-based scholarships and financial aid packages. Visit Geography of Hope's website to learn more: Our Camp Website Link: www.geographyofhope.org
FAMILY CAMP SESSION(S): We offer Gap Year, custom trips as well as family programs in the winter, spring, and at the end of the summer. Please contact us at 773-342-5200 with any questions.
OTHER CAMP INFO: Flights, travel arrangements, and other trip-specific information is available on our website.
CAMP SESSION DATES & FEES:
Visit our Program Chart to see all trips, dates, and prices: Our Camp Website Link: www.theroadlesstraveled.com
SUMMER CAMP JOBS:
Travel domestically and/or internationally with a group of high-school and/or middle-school students, monitoring and facilitating community service, language/cultural immersion, and/or wilderness adventure trips
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree or in the process of completing a degree. Equivalent experience working with teenagers in related field will be considered if not currently enrolled in school
• Experience Previous program leader experience working with and or teaching young people age ranging in age between 12-19. Knowledge of and experience with group dynamics, teaching or facilitating groups, supervision of meal planning, food preparation and cooking, managing logistics. Ability to teach program specific skills, environmental awareness, and related scientific, cultural, and historical knowledge pertaining to the regions through which you will travel and their relationship to each other.
• Strong Physical Condition
• Current CPR for the professional rescuer
• Current Wilderness First Responder, WEMT or EMT certification
• Current Red Cross lifeguard or Swiftwater rescue certifications preferred but not mandatory
• Current unrestricted valid drivers license with no major convictions during the previous three year period; driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, reckless driving, hit and run, homicide or assault with a motor vehicle, drag racing, operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent, license suspended or revoked within the previous three year period for accidents and or moving violations. Driving record should reflect no more than three moving violations and/or chargeable accidents during the previous three years
• For Adventure Programs: Knowledge of three or more wilderness travel methods. Whitewater rafting, sea kayaking, international trekking, biking, backpacking, technical rock or ice climbing and mountaineering. Mandatory requirements for adventure trips include: the ability to lead groups of students on backpacking trips of three to eight days, ability to comfortably lead through remote wilderness areas. This includes, but is not limited to, backpacking preparations, backcountry travel, route finding, campsite selection, equipment maintenance, Leave No Trace camping techniques in desert and alpine terrain and proper protocol in dense bear country.
All leaders must possess the ability to make prudent decisions in adverse conditions. International Service Learning and Language Immersion Programs: Leaders and must be highly proficient or fluent in the spoken language of the program country (Spanish, etc.) and have extensive experience with community service, international travel, managing multiple responsibilities abroad, experience and/or living abroad, cultural immersion. Knowledge of the following is helpful but not mandatory: Sea Kayaking, Whitewater Rafting, Trekking, Surfing, and Snorkeling
• International Service learning and Language Exposure Programs: Leaders to have extensive experience with community service, international travel, managing multiple responsibilities abroad, experience and/or living abroad, cultural immersion. Knowledge of the following is helpful but not mandatory: Sea Kayaking, Whitewater Rafting, Trekking, Surfing, Snorkeling
• Service Learning Programs: Leaders to have extensive experience with community service, experience managing multiple responsibilities, construction experience preferred. Knowledge of the following is helpful but not mandatory: Sea Kayaking, Whitewater Rafting, Rock Climbing, Hiking, PADI Scuba certified
• Ability and experience supervising co-instructors and participants
• Valid Passport
• Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle
• Ability to communicate and work with teenagers and co-instructors, and provide necessary instruction
• Ability to creatively schedule programs, facilities, and co-instructors
• Ability to observe participant behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid
• Good character, integrity, and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self -control
• Ability to follow written procedures as outlined in the leader-training manual
• Ability to support program philosophy and implement procedures
• Ability to work long hours
• Ability and experience in facilitating groups
Specific Responsibilities/Job Description
1. Plan, coordinate and execute daily activities and trip logistics
2. Monitor co-instructor and participant assignments for the day
3. Monitor groups and supervise co-instructors' responsibilities
4. Act as a positive role model for participants
5. Responsible for the relationships with general public, people of the land, and subcontractors
6. Monitor ongoing safety and provide education for co-instructor and participants
7. Supervise the health and safety of the participants and environment
8. Together with co-instructor and participant, plan and execute the evening program
9. Identify and address inappropriate behavior with participant or with other co-instructor, for actions that put health and safety of a participant at risk
10. Together with co-instructor, plan and implement evening program as needed
11. Management of financials and accounting including monitoring of expenditures, record keeping, advances, bookkeeping and end of trip summary of information
12. Management of gear, vehicles, inventory, storage, documentation and end of trip summary information
13. Evaluate co-instructor and perform reviews and summer end evaluations
14. Evaluate program and current season and make suggestions for following season
Dates of Employment
June through August seasonally - recommend early application.
Salary is commensurate with experience/certifications/qualifications. Your salary with The Road Less Traveled includes all food, lodging and transportation from the beginning through close of your trip. We also offer pro-deals on outdoor equipment from a variety of well-known manufacturers.
THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
2331 N Elston Court
Chicago, IL 60614
Please visit: Our Camp Website Link: www.theroadlesstraveled.com
Print (or view) Camp Profile for:
The Road Less Traveled
Please note that our list of 2021 Hawaii Travel Camps also includes information on Hawaii Travel Camp Scholarships, Financial Aid, and other 'Campership' or Financial Assistance. Look within each camp's description for the CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE heading.
Visit Our Ola Hawaii Camp Website
Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740
CAMPER AGES: 15-18
TYPE OF CAMP: Overnight/Sleepaway.
CAMPER GENDER(S): Coed Campers. All Boy Campers. All Girl Campers.
BRIEF CAMP DESCRIPTION: Inspired by a youth spent adventuring on the Big Island, Ola Hawaii Camp is a true Hawaii adventure. Thanks to our incredible Big Island Ohana Ola Hawaii Camp takes you to the secret and magical places one doesn't get to visit as a tourist. We connect with people and the land as we backpack, surf, snorkel, and explore the amazing Big Island.
CAMP INSTRUCTIONAL ACTIVITIES OFFERED:
Travel, Adventure, Wilderness/Nature, Waterfront/Aquatics, Swimming, Team Sports, and more. Backpacking, Surfing, Hiking, Snorkeling, Swimming, Waterfalls, Community, Camping, Swimming, Shenanegans, Lava, Peaks, Valleys, Aloha.
CAMP LOCATION: We backpack through waterfall filled jungles. We gather, string leis, fish, hike, and swim in waterfalls in the Valleys of the Hamakua Coast. We snorkel and surf on the Kona Coast and go on a night mission to see lava pour into the sea at Kilauea. All on the amazing Big Island of Hawaii.
CAMP FACILITIES: We adventure with our backpacks and camp together in tents. We cook incredible feasts on our camp stoves.
CAMP PROGRAM INFO: Founder and Camp Director Renee grew up as a teenager spending her days hiking the hills, exploring the valleys, swimming the ocean and waterfalls, falling in love with and learning from the Big Island of Hawaii. She dreamt of sharing that incredible feeling of adventure, wide open exploration, beauty, and connection to the land with others. Ola Camp Hawaii is that dream come true. Join us for a life changing session where you will push yourself, make new friends, and learn the power of place. Come meet Hawaii!
CAMP LEADERSHIP CIT/LIT PROGRAMS: Ola Hawaii Camp teaches group living, backcountry travel, leadership, decision making, and cultural competency.
FAMILY CAMP SESSION(S): Ola Hawaii Camp tuition doesn't include airfare. This is so families can use miles and fit travel into busy summer plans. It's also because we encourage you to plan a family trip to the Big Island before or after camp and would be happy to help you plan it!
CAMP SESSION DATES & FEES:
Wahine (Girls) Session: July 31-August 14th 2017
SUMMER CAMP JOBS:
Currently staffed for 2017.
Print (or view) Camp Profile for:
Ola Hawaii Camp
Girl Scouts of Hawaii Headquarters
410 Atkinson Drive, Suite 2E1
Honolulu, HI 96814
Island County Service Centers
Maui Girl Scout Service Center
200 B Liholiho Street
Wailuku, HI 96793
Kaua`i Girl Scout Service Center
4268 Rice Street, Suite 1
Lihu`e, HI 96766
Hawai`i Girl Scout Service Center
16-105 Opukaha`ia Street
Kea`au, HI 96749
HAWAII GIRL SCOUT CAMPS INFO:
Camp Paumalu, O`ahu
Camp Pi`iholo, Maui
Camp Kilohana, Hawai`i Island.
YMCA of Honolulu Metropolitan Office
1441 Pali Highway
Honolulu, HI 96813
Visit website for more information.
MORE HAWAII SUMMER TRAVEL CAMPS ARE COMING SOON. YOU CAN CHOOSE ANOTHER STATE FROM THE LIST BELOW.
HAWAII TRAVEL CAMP OWNERS & DIRECTORS: If you would like to submit your camp for listing in our 2021 Best Hawaii Summer Travel Camps Directory, please click on the "SUBMIT YOUR CAMP" link above.
HAWAII TRAVEL CAMP PARENTS & CAMPERS: If you are looking to find info on how to choose the best summer camp to attend this summer, please check out our 2021 GUIDE TO CHOOSING THE BEST SUMMER TRAVEL CAMP for some great camp research tips and lots of important 2021 summer camp info.
In addition to our 2021 Hawaii Summer Travel Camps Directory we have also created quite a few SPECIAL INTEREST CAMP DIRECTORIES, and have included brief descriptions of these and links to their dedicated websites on the 2021 CAMP GUIDE page.
You can go directly to any of our other 2021 Special Interest Camp Directories from the list in the black bar at the bottom of this page.
CHOOSE A STATE FROM THE LIST BELOW
|AL Best Alabama Travel Camps||AK Best Alaska Travel Camps||AZ Best Arizona Travel Camps||AR Best Arkansas Travel Camps||CA Best California Travel Camps||CO Best Colorado Travel Camps||CT Best Connecticut Travel Camps||DE Best Delaware Travel Camps||FL Best Florida Travel Camps||GA Best Georgia Travel Camps|
|HI Best Hawaii Travel Camps||ID Best Idaho Travel Camps||IL Best Illinois Travel Camps||IN Best Indiana Travel Camps||IA Best Iowa Travel Camps||KS Best Kansas Travel Camps||KY Best Kentucky Travel Camps||LA Best Louisiana Travel Camps||ME Best Maine Travel Camps||MD Best Maryland Travel Camps|
|MA Best Massachusetts Travel Camps||MI Best Michigan Travel Camps||MN Best Minnesota Travel Camps||MS Best Mississippi Travel Camps||MO Best Missouri Travel Camps||MT Best Montana Travel Camps||NE Best Nebraska Travel Camps||NV Best Nevada Travel Camps||NH Best New Hampshire Travel Camps||NJ Best New Jersey Travel Camps|
|NM Best New Mexico Travel Camps||NY Best New York Travel Camps||NC Best North Carolina Travel Camps||ND Best North Dakota Travel Camps||OH Best Ohio Travel Camps||OK Best Oklahoma Travel Camps||OR Best Oregon Travel Camps||PABest Pennsylvania Travel Camps||RI Best Rhode Island Travel Camps||SC Best South Carolina Travel Camps|
|SD Best South Dakota Travel Camps||TN Best Tennessee Travel Camps||TX Best Texas Travel Camps||UT Best Utah Travel Camps||VT Best Vermont Travel Camps||VA Best Virginia Travel Camps||WA Best Washington Travel Camps||WV Best West Virginia Travel Camps||WI Best Wisconsin Travel Camps||WY Best Wyoming Travel Camps|
|Wash D.C. Best Washington DC Travel Camps||CANADA Best Canada Travel Camps|
Enter Keywords, Activities, Phrases, or Camp Names
in space above to Search Entire Site